[LRFlex] Re: Will it ever arrive?

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 05:37:16 -0800

Neil Gould wrote (in part) :

I find this an interesting question, because it illuminates the emotional
aspect of making such a purchase. Many of the comments made by those who
have yet to acquire a digital camera as well as some of those who are
fairly new to digital emphasize the importance of expectations when prying
open one's wallet.  ;-)

My decision to purchase a digital camera was based on its benefits for
some uses; it is really an addition to the arsenal rather than a
replacement for film.

Hi Neil!

Like you, I wish to augment film with digital, for those times that it is advantageous, and for the convenience of "processing" prints, when needed.

Though no T1 line, I have checked the availability of ADSL where we are moving. It's there and I will have it installed.

You are, of course, right about Kodak's fiasco with (or rather, without) the anti-aliasing filter. However, they did not have the cure in software, as Leica plans to do.

Whether the 'cure' works is, of course, another issue entirely... though I have great faith in Imacon.

BTW: a well written, well reasoned post. Thanks for contributing your thoughts.

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm