[LRflex] Re: Wide open

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 15:40:05 -0700

Hi Xavier!

You wrote:

>Unfortunately, not many owl on the Marne theses days even less one sighed
>specimen...

True....

>High ISO, wide open? Hmmm, what sort of information should we look for by
>this test?

I was rather thinking of two tests... one, some High ISO shots in
rather dim light... go get an idea of the noise levels.

The other was with the lens wide open (more reasonable ISO's) to
check for "softness" in the lens... for I nearly always shoot at or
near max. aperture.

>What sort of subject would reveal more?

Choice is yours!

>In the coming weeks, my photog in Alfort said I would get a Olympus for a
>few hours, to test. If this happens, it would be nice to prepare some
>campaign.

I was looking at the Oly Evolt  500, 8 mpixels and in a kit with two
lenses for just CAD $749 (about US$664 or 488 Euros).  The finder did
not look too bad, and the AF was very fast.  It seemed to be an
incredible value!  I think I could become quite interested in the new
E510 (10.9 mp) model... could be very interesting.

A comparison test would be most interesting! I shall look forward to it!