[LRflex] Re: Who is using Panorama maker?

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 06:54:11 -0700

At 4/13/2009, you wrote:
Good Day all

This morning, I came across this software :

<http://www.arcsoft.com/products/panoramamakerpro/index.asp>http://www.arcsoft.com/products/panoramamakerpro/index.asp

I was wondering if some of you would recommend it ?

It seems rather nice and much affordable than the Nodal Ninja, featured in chasseur d'Images of this month:

<http://www.nodalninja.com/nodal_ninja_5_pro_pan_head.html>http://www.nodalninja.com/nodal_ninja_5_pro_pan_head.html

Good Mornin', Xavier!

I have not used either (or any) Panorma stitching software ... simply too busy to try.

However, for a long time now, the Gold Standard, was Panorama Tools. Sadly, it was difficult to use, but had the advantage of being free.

Now there is Hugin ... a simple, effective front-end for Panorama Tools. I have not used it, though I have downloaded it and it seems fairly easy to use.

But, if you want affordable, you can't do better than FREE!

I suggest you try it.  Down load Hugin here: http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

And let us know what you think!

Cheers!
David.