[LRflex] Re: Who has moved from Silkypix 3 to Silkypix 5?

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 15:15:17 -0800

Xavier asked:
> One of my "Questions à la Con" (dumb questions) to you all: Who has
> upgraded to Silkypix 5?

Good Afternoon, Xavier!

I upgraded from Sp3 to SpPro, some while ago, and I've been very happy with it.

The only feature I miss is one which is not in the new Pro5.... an "Auto
Levels" control  Auto
Levels (as found in PS, Gimp, and, I believe, Lightroom) may not be perfect,
but it is often a quick
way to get a good baseline.

So, I've been developing with SpPro, and then using "Dave's batch processor" in
GIMP, to do the
Auto-adjust.  Those that need further adjustments get them in GIMP.  Works
well, for me! Esspecially
when I've been out on a days shoot, and come home with 500 to 1000 images!  The
batch processing
really helps!

I should add that I am very pleased with the PRO version, so if you're
upgrading from Sp3 to SpPro5,
I suspect you'll like it!

I may continue with PRO, or I may move up.  The 11000 JPY cost (about $133) is
not excessive, but
other than one-shot HDR, and the use of multi-core processors & 64 bit, it does
not offer a lot over
the PRO version I have.  OTOH, the one-shot HDR from Raw is VERY tempting!

Thanks for letting me know that it was available!

Cheers!
David.