[LRFlex] Re: While you are using Canon

  • From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 05:49:06 +1000

On 12/07/2005, at 5:01 PM, "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

These days, I'm discovering the Joy of the 6x6.

Same here. With "Pros" dumping Hasselblads as if they're radioactive, you can buy good quality used gear nowadays for half the price it was five years ago.

Okay, the Ziess lenses aren't as sharp as the Leica offerings (I'm talking vs. the 100 APO-Macro here!), but they're good enough and the large negative is a dream to scan and work with. I also love the interchangeable film backs - no more lugging around different bodies just because I want to use different types of film.

Using the 'blad for candid people (aka "Street") photography was a bit tricky at first, but now I wouldn't use anything else - outdoors. Indoors however the Leica (and 50-lux) still rules :?)

URLs:

(1) A few older samples of 'blad candid shots:

<http://4020.net/unposed/blad.shtml>

(I have a lot of newer material, but I've been working on a large project these last few months and haven't had time to scan them.)

(2) The "MF Leica Equivalent" topic in the Leica FAQ I maintain:

<http://www.nemeng.com/leica/026e.shtml>

Again, I've been meaning to expand this, but paid work comes first :?)

Regards,

Andrew Nemeth
<http://leica.nemeng.com>
[ Leica FAQ ]