[LRflex] Where is mee food?

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:13:16 +0200

Good Evening Flexers!

Here is a little patient subject, waiting for the house to settle downn and its
dish to fill up:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/L1080647_dev.jpg

The use of the macro 35 Olympus Zuiko lens on the Digilux 3 had helped to
reveal details. However, at a short distance with a f stop of 5.6, the eyes are
just sharp to the margin of the unsharp.

I've used the camera put on the floor and focused thru live view. I've
obviously let the focus point on the nose!

The background is of a strange blue color: the white balance has set upon the
white tiles of the ground and the dog was lighted by a light behind me. It was
dusk and the sun light was coming thru, behind the dog. Thiss natural light is
rendered blue, typical of a sun lighted subject photgraphed with a tungsten
film!

In this case, as the background is parially blurred, it contrasts with the main
subject, not too bad.

Of course, it was not over lighted, I had to push to high ISO, 800, even
corrected by Silkypix, there is some blurr in the details.

This can of picture was usually unsuccessful at the time of the analog: the
film in the camera was always the wrong one, there was 20 exposure to go, etc...

Not a great shot, one of these we keep of our domestic life.

Probably, reading my message, you will think that I'm over satisfied with this
snapshot. Well, don't hesitate to let know your annoyance.

Thanks for reading!