[LRflex] Re: What a Welcome

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:55:44 -0700

At 31/08/2006, you wrote:

>I've used a winder on 3 different R8 bodies and had zero problems and 2 of
>the bodies are early serial numbers, so you never know 'til you try.
>I agree with David about the R8's being well built.
>I dopped one onto solid rock in a creekbed [stap got hung on another strap,
>and it went flying off]
>The lens mount was damaged [on the R8 and on the lens], the lens had hood
>damage, and the rear door of the R8 had cosmetic damage.
>But, the internal workings of the lens and body were ok.

Yup!  The R8's are tough, all right.  Not quite as tough as an SL or
early Nikon 'F' (I'd swear you can pound nails with those two!) but
tougher than most.

I dropped an R5 from less than 2 1/2 feet onto a tile floor.  It
compressed the mirror box and the camera was a write-off. :-(

Yup! The R8's are sturdy, and if you have large-ish hands, the
controls fall absolutely where they should.  An incredibly easy
camera to use. :-)