[LRflex] Re: What a Welcome

  • From: "Gary Pinkerton" <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:12:38 -0500

I've used a winder on 3 different R8 bodies and had zero problems and 2 of
the bodies are early serial numbers, so you never know 'til you try.
I agree with David about the R8's being well built.
I dopped one onto solid rock in a creekbed [stap got hung on another strap,
and it went flying off]
The lens mount was damaged [on the R8 and on the lens], the lens had hood
damage, and the rear door of the R8 had cosmetic damage.
But, the internal workings of the lens and body were ok.