[LRFlex] Welcome Tony!

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:38:33 -0700

Hello David and fellow list members,

I have been lurking on this list for a while. I apologise for not introducing
myself earlier.

I am a very keen R user. I use the Leicaflex SL. I was inspiered to use the SL
a number of years ago by Doug Herr's effusive comments on the camera and backed
up by his awe inspiring photography.

I previously used Olympus OM1's but could not bring myself to use them again
once I picked up an SL and saw the results.

I have a lovely pair of US Navy SL's one black enamel and one black chrome.
Both were magnificently restored by Sherry Krauter. They are a joy to use.

My photography is at the moment centred around my two young children. There is
very little spare time for photography with young children snapping at your
feet. So I combine my passion for photography with my children.

Otherwise I very much enjoy garden and flower photography ( very useful with
the 60 Macro ) and travel photography.

I live in Melbourne Australia.

I very much enjoy this list.

David, thank you for your passion for it and your stewardship of it.

Thanks, Tony, for your kind words. However, it was Xavier who roped me into it. He is indeed the genius behind the list.

Moreover, I had the pleasure to meet him for the first time, when, a couple of weeks ago, he came and stayed with me for about a week. A very nice fellow, with a quick mind and a gentle soul, all wrapped around a wicked sense of humour.

I've never tried to use a macro lens, but am soon going to experiment that way... Just last week, with the help of Tom Abrahamsson who builds the RapidWinder (www.rapidwinder.com) for "M" Leicas, we bolted an SL lens flange (obtained from one of Doug Herr's parts cameras) onto an old bellows that used to accept Pentax screw thread lenses! A full report will hit my web-site in a few weeks, when I've had time to try it and get some results.

Meanwhile, why not post some of your better stuff somewhere, and point us towards it?

Anyway... I've rattled on too much for one night...

Welcome!

David.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm