[LRFlex] Welcome Gerald

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:52:45 +0000

Hi Gerald.

If you look for a niche, try the weddings ceremony, the best is to use a YashicaMat 124G or a Bronica RF 645, something adapted for the group posed pix. For the before/after, a Leica R should do.

I went recently to the mondial de la photo in Paris and the compny presenting wedding/couple album had some success. Not all images were 6x6 or 6x45, 24x36 was present too.

Romantism is the keyword.

There are some needs in the Catalog and web sites too. Of course the need has faded a little by now, mostly digital.

There is a little niche with painters who want to keep record of waht they produced and sold...

Here in France, we have a tradition of the school class photo, it seems to be all right. But clients expect more a CD ROM and a picture

they take cdrom from you and print out themselves. You need to be smart of this side of the business...

FWIW.
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Gerald Homeyer <kd7olf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Introductions...
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:48:12 -0600

OK, I guess I'll finally break down and do an introduction for myself. I've been on the list for just over a year now, basically lurking more than anything and reading the posts.

My name is Gerald Homeyer, 34 and currently residing in Utah. I've been into photography in some form or another for as long as I can remember. Until recently I was a Software support engineer, and unfortunately with the current tech market find myself unemployed once again, so I recently decided in a fit of insanity to take photography to the next level and go pro. Still working on the transition however and trying to find a niche to start in. My early Leica experience was with my fathers cameras, which included a M3, M5, and SL2s. Of course it seems everything I won contests with was taken with his Rolleiflex though :)

Currently my collection includes a Leica SL with 50mm Summicron (complete with greenish hue and spots in the viewfinder, but still takes Leica quality shots :), Canon 300D, Praktica and Zenit M42 mount cameras with a small set of lenses, Kiev/Hartblei modified medium format cameras (a 645/MLU and an 88/MLU) with a few lenses, as well as a small collection of Zorki and Kiev rangefinders.

Guess that's a semi eclectic collection, or perhaps a typical one for somebody without a lot of funds.

With any luck it'll be enough equipment to get started till some $$ comes in to expand the Leica and Canon glass and perhaps get into s slightly more reliable medium format setup. I know how to use a camera, but the whole idea of making a living from it is somewhat intimidating so far.

I've also got a pBase account, http://www.pbase.com/shadowel that has some of my digital stuff on it (still no ability to scan negatives, bummer). Any comments, criticism, etc. would be much appreciated for anybody willing to take a look (I take negative comments really well as long as I'm told why shot is not good).

And of course, one other thing about me, I really, really hate writing introductions, I don't seem to be very good at it.

But, now that I've publicly opened my mouth, perhaps I will actually post a few messages now and then.

Gerald Homeyer

David Young wrote:
Hi All!

Well, so far about 10 of us have posted introductions... but, y'know, it would be just great if a number of those of us who just read the posts, would introduce themselves. You know who you are!

Introductions, even if we've been on the list for a long time, are good, as it helps us all get a feel for who it is we are talking to! It helps us all build a sense of "community".

So, please, if you haven't yet done so, jot down just a few lines. Who you are, where you live, what you use and what you shoot.

Thanks!

And to all of you who have taken the time to do this, many thanks! It's nice to get to know the "names"! :)

David.