[LRFlex] Way, Way off topic request...

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:14:23 -0700

When I was a young lad, my dad, who was in the Radio business from 1925 onwards, lamented the loss of hundreds, if not thousands of classic radios. During the depression years, they robbed the old ones for parts and burned those beautiful wood cabinets for heat.

With this in mind, I have kept/collected several old computers... all from the pre-Apple era. These include an IMS system (w/5mb HD!), 2 North*Star Horizon's, and (I may keep this last one) a Polymorphic 88. Terminals are by Morrow, a Lear-Siegler ADM-3A, a Cybernex L46006 and a Soroc-IQ-120.

Now, I am moving and can no longer afford the space, so I wish to give them away - to someone who will appreciate them. They're too good to take to the dump. Some were only made in quantities of 100 or so.

I don't want any money and have most of the diskettes (8" and 5 1/4" sizes) and original documentation. I also have a large box of spare S-100 memory and IO cards and various spare drives. Sadly, too much to keep and move. :(

Does anybody here know of a list, such as ours, but devoted to antique computers where I might find someone interested?

Replies off list, please.

Many thanks.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm