[LRflex] Re: Water Spots?

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 23:30:30 +0200

Hello all those of us who are plagued with spots,
Nice idea with the AA filter, only....... why do the spots disappear
when I use a different lens???? - also, the specks wouldn't become more
obvious at smaller apertures.
The spots I get with a dirty Yashica Macro are also not in the same
place as those from a dirty Leica lens.
Without a lens no spots at all, IMO, the spots are
refraction/diffraction halo effects from small specks of dust, moisture
or whatever, that's why they're never in focus either.
cheers
Douglas
PS, Plenty of dust around here, we live near a cement works.