[LRflex] Re: Water Spots?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 10:13:08 -0700

Douglas Sharp wrote:

>Big problem David,
>particularly with macro shots, at first I thought they were on the
>sensor, but taking a shot without a lens mounted got rid of that theory.
>The spots are tiny (very tiny) spots or dust particles on the front and
>rear glass of the lens (so check both). I've never spent so much time
>cleaning lenses since I went digital.
>Take a picture of a sheet of white paper, and you'll see exactly where
>they are.
>cheers
>Douglas
>
>Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
>

>>I had a similar problem. I came up with these two causes, one was
>>dirt on the sensor and the other was the sensor picking dirt on the
>>lens when macro focusing stopped down. I aired out the sensor,  got
>>rid of the Elmarit-R, and no longer have the problem. A scientific
>>explanation? Forgetaboutit!
>>
>>Slobodan Dimitrov
>>Studio G-8, AGCC
>>http://sdimitrovphoto.com

OK Guys... you're likely right... it's dust.  The reason for the
translucency, is that the dust is not on the sensor but on the
anti-aliasing filter in front of the sensor.

Bob Alder, on the LEG (where I also posted my problem) gave this URL,
which as an excellent explanation:

http://www.photo.net/equipment/digital/sensorcleaning/

Thanks again, to all who responded.

Logan Lake, BC