[LRflex] Re: Was Survey, now Apathy.

  • From: Javier Perez <summarex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:07:18 -0700 (PDT)

OK David

You seem to be invoking my name a little too often for
my comfort. Let's get  few matters straight.

When I read your survey and your pitch for the new
management I thought you were a Leitz employee and I
thought the survey had been issuesd by the company.

I'm not sure, but are you saying that not taking part
in your survey means not being constructive?

I'm also not sure what you mean by most folks wanting
to complain. Isn't it you and a few others who have
been complaining about the old managers. Perhaps you
shouldn't point fingers. Your call for doing something
constructive seems naive. Leica is a business for
profit not a charity. They know who I am because I
have done business with the company before. If they
want my advice they will ask for it and if I feel it's
something I should do for free I will give it to them.
Also Leica already has user forums and feedback forums
on their website. They conduct surveys just like HP
and IBM and Emmerson radio. I wouldn't have mentioned
any of this except that you keep bring my name up.

Finally, I remember meeting a few of thos old managers
years ago in camera shows and camera shops. They were
quite capable people. They understood what the
problems were and unlike most users, they understood
exactly why they couldn't do anything about it. Still,
they managed to maintain the highest standards for
quality in the industry and that's worth something. I
guess my point is you can promote the new without
trashing the old.

Javier