[LRFlex] Re: Was Steve's R4, now Web Hosting..

  • From: Kevin Mayo <mayokevin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

His name is Robert Decker and all he does is repair F's and F2's metering
heads. I think if you do a Google search under robert decker you will find him.
Kevin

David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 10/23/2004, you wrote:

>Hi David. Great news about the photo hosting, I will wait for news. Also,
>it's odd that you mention Nikon because I was going to go off on a rant on
>my already too-long email, about how even Nikon does not stock parts anymore
>for some really good models, such as F2, F3, Nikkormats, etc. They use a
>special carbon resister plate that in the meter that is just unavailable
>anywhere else...so when they go down for repairs they are fini, at this
>point. I don't this this is satisfactory at all... it was sure reassuring
>that Leica take their mission seriously.

Hi Steven!

Your story about the resistor plate being unavailable is true. However,
LRFlex member Alex Hurst discovered a chap in, I believe, Colorado, who can
fix the things without needing a new part. He restored a Photomic finder
for Alex, and did a very nice job!

Should you (or anyone here) need an old Photomic repaired, ask Alex
(corkflor@xxxxxx) for the guys name.

OTOH, Nikon is only promising parts for 5 years, even on their F5! That's
simply not good enough, for any product in that price range.

David Young, | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm