[LRflex] Re: Was North American Leica promotions. Now Victoria RR sales

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:24:48 -0700

G'Mornin Tom!

Yup.. I saw the 'winkie'.  But my comment still stands, for while it may be=
 true that prices in the US have risen (they've not risen nearly so much in=
 Canada and not at all, to my understanding, in Europe) this is due to the=
 declining value of the greenback and the relative strengthening of the=
 Euro.  Indeed, it is this problem with exchange rates that Leica (Solms)=
 list as one of the major sources of their troubles!

Had the exhange rates remained steady and no US price increases had=
 occurred, they'd still be offering a 'free' motor to induce you to buy.=
  They need to reduce their inventories.

Which brings me back to the 'R' series.  Since even the factory admits that=
 'R' sales are their biggest problem... why not have a 'deal' on some R=
 stuff?  Yet it's the only catagory not represented in their list of=
 specials.  :-(

I'm still waiting for the "buy a DM-R and get an R0 for US$595!"  Don't=
 know if it will ever happen!

Cheers!
David.

----

Thomas Schofield wrote:

>I jus gave it a winkie ;-) because you could buy an M7 or MP and a motor
>for about $3300 3-4 months or so ago before the recent series of price
>increases.

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.