[LRflex] Was Macro-Adapters, Now Null Cams.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:24:32 -0700

At 10/06/2007, you wrote:
>David,
>
>Thanks for the information, I did not know that. How do they "null" the meter
>without the cam?
>

>Art

Hi Art!

It has something to do with the way the camera works....  perhaps it
"self-nulls" when no cam is present.  I dunno.

I think it comes under the category of "Magic Action".

To the advertising boys, on Madison Ave. (the only people to actually
use such a phrase), the definition of "Magic Action" is "When the
engineers explained ... nobody understood."

I do know that I go the information from Gerry Smith, Head of Leica
Service at Kindermann, Toronto, and it seems to be accurate.

F'rinstance, my old SL 2x converter had a "null cam" added by Gerry,
for use with my R5 & R6.  But my Telyt 400 didn't need (and has not
got) one, for by the time I bought it I was on to the R8.

Sorry I cannot tell you more.