[LRflex] Re: Was : Leicaflex Everready Cases - now double stroke question on M

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:27:50 +0100

The only M alternatives are Leica and Zeiss, which cost you an arm and a leg (bothe legs in the case of Leica) and a couple of Vogtländers that cost 5 to 10 times the price of an adapter.

If you can find one, get a Yashica 3.5/21 it is a fantastic lens (as is their 2.8/55 Macro, but that's another story, I don't think scale focussing accuracy would be too good with it on an M) and a C/Y to Leica-M adapter - come to think of it, that's a cheap way of getting the excellent CZ 1.4/50 and the glorious bokeh of the 1.4/85 on a Leica M, too. :-)

I think I'll forget the R to M adapter and go for the C/Y to M.

Cheers
Douglas

red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I stand corrected.... on a Visoflex, focus is for close ups only... for an M
body, infinity focus is preserved.

Brings up an ineresting cost issue for a 21 Leica lens on an M body..... R
lenses

Frank