[LRflex] Re: Was : Leicaflex Everready Cases - now double stroke question on M

  • From: "Miha Golobic" <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:36:06 +0100

if you're wanting close-up quality, you can do a lot worse than a 150 Euro,
second hand Yashica 2.8/55mm Macro with an adapter to Canon 300D DSLR
(Digital Rebel) - or on the front of a Contax RTS (some great bargains
there).

Yashica has always been so underrated as a lens manufacturer, even though
their fixed lens RF cameras had the fastest, and some of the best lenses
there were at the time (GSN with a 1.7/45mm and the dimunitive GX with a
gorgeous 1.7/40mm)

Douglas,

my first camera was Yashica TL electro + Yashinon 1.4/50mm! Since then I
migrated to Minolta Dynax/Maxxum, to Nikon, and now to Leica. I guess my
journey is over.

I have no particular interest in macro photography. I`m just thinking
that this particular multi-talent lens could be a great SL companion (plus
some Ilford HP :-))

But thanks for your advice.

Miha