[LRflex] Was : Leicaflex Everready Cases - now double stroke question on M

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:54:59 +0100

Hi Douglas,
sure enough, this does not answer my question though : whatever the lens you want to adapt, what is the rationale for adapting it to, specifically, an M, when one already has the body that goes with it? In other terms, what does the M have in that respect, that other cameras don't. I'm excluding the M8 because it is the only available digital Leica of course.

Amitiés
Philippe

Douglas Sharp wrote:

I've been thinking about one of these for mounting my Super Angulon 4/21 (and the C/Y version for a 3.5/21 Yashica counterpart, which is, believe it or not, better) on an M6.

Nice way of getting excellent Leica-R and Carl Zeiss glass on a Leica M

*http://preview.tinyurl.com/6jk64g

Cheers
Douglas

*
Philippe AMARD wrote:

ballentineg wrote:

I have a question:  I have a number of nice Leicaflex lenses
and I was wondering if any adapter exists to use them on a
Visoflex II or III for the M3 to share in them if desired ?

Surprising question that calls another question - what good would come of trying to mimick a Leciaflex or an R with an M when you own them?.
Were it an M8, I wouldn't put this like that for sure.
Just curious to know.
Rgrds
Phx