[LRflex] Was Glory, now Light Pillar!

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:30:52 -0700

Thanks, Aram, for the correction of name.

This light pillar was a actually far brighter, when I first saw it, but by the
time I ran to the car, got the camera ... etc., etc., etc.

I was impressed with the shot, considering it was at ISO 1600 (easy for newer
cameras, but a struggle for my old E3), as had photographed the grandkids
playing basketball the night before, and neglected to change the ISO back to
something more reasonable for a sunrise!

It would seem that at least the light pillars made by city lights are fairly
common, according to the second site you mention, but I'd certainly never seen
one!

This one had to be all natural, as the nearest city/town lights, to the east
are a two hour drive away!

Thanks to all who took the time to look & comment.

I still think it's neat, no matter what the name!  :-)

David.