[LRflex] Re: Was D40, Now R10 speculation & Rochester.

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:02:32 -0700

On Aug 28, 2007, at 3:51 PM, David Young wrote:

At 28/08/2007, you wrote:

On Aug 28, 2007, at 3:11 PM, David Young wrote:

At 28/08/2007, you wrote:
Xavier,
to be quite honest I  would like an R7 sized Leica DSLR too :-)  ,
the R8/9 may be wonderfully ergonomic, but I don't like the size,
particularly not when a DMR is stuck on the back. I personally
think that the R10D will be something of a retro-design in this
respect - let's look forward to the R7 digital upgrade!
Best from Hannover
Douglas

Douglas, Xavier:

I think you'll see an R10

I'll believe it when I see it David....

(is this based on anything beyond half baked promises, innuendos, and
speculation ?)

Hi Steve!

Based on nothing except reasoned speculation. Don't even have any half baked promises to go on!

got it....   well keep us posted...

Rumours that have been flying about are 16mp sensor, same size as the M8.

However, I would put too much faith in those rumours, for with Canon's new 21mp FF, and Nikon's new FF, again, they're' going to have to compete.

Fortunately, a FF sensor is easier with a dSLR, as the lenses are further away (mirror box & all that). It's the w/a lenses on the M cameras which made a FF sensor a real problem.

I too, will believe it, when I see it!

But, I have hopes... for I expect to buy one. My main fear is that they will play with the mount, using AF as an excuse to change it. I think that would be the "kiss of death" for Leica Rs, as they'd alienate virtually every existing owner out there.

What I'd like to see is for them to use Kodak's new filter sequence, rather than the Bayer one, ( http://www.dpreview.com/news/ 0706/07061401kodakhighsens.asp ) which increases sensitivity (thus lowers noise).

Meanwhile, it can sometimes be fun to speculate and conjecture. For me, more fun than the Times Crossword puzzle!

whatever floats your boat...

I think I will go take some pictures...

but please have a heart for us pragmatists... just make sure the facts and the speculation are labelled...

I'm hanging onto my beautiful mint R lens collection,

Steve

Perhaps we'll learn more (or, at least hear more rumours!) at the LHSA's annual convention (Rochester, NY), in mid-October. Rose and I will be there... anybody else?