[LRflex] Want to see a real Digilux 3?

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:04:06 +0200

News update :
Xavier, Alice and I met for a cheerful dinner this week.
Xavier had brought his D3 for a thorough comparison test with the L1.

Our conclusions are as follows:
a) Xavier wears glasses,
b) Philippe drinks glasses
c) there are minor differences in the body of the two cameras - the
reason why remains to be found (ergonomics? brand signature?)
d) the white balance on the D3 works better than that of the L1 (before
and after apetizers BTW).
e) both Xavier and Philippe are perfectly happy with their cameras.
f) focus confirmation with R glass is possible with the L1 (since the
latest firmware update), not yet so with the D3

In truth, we had planned to shoot a series of comparison shots but found
it difficult due to the night and light conditions.

But this evening was good humoured and so pleasant, thanks Xavier.
For anyone willing to see what the D3 and Leica glass are about, it's
here
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/85752-2/Four-third-connection-Paris.jpg>

More tests when we meet again then.

Yours