[LRflex] Re: Walls, cables and doors

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:22:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marc,
   no real criticisms - just comments :-). I like the set you put up, looks as
if you explored the visual details of an area while making a nice stroll on a
sunny day. Good work. As an aside, it's the kind of photo set it takes artists
and photographers to love, at least for more than a few frames. I recall
sharing my best images from visiting Colorado with my Grandmother - stunning
waterfalls, mountain valleys, steam trains under stunning blue skies, high
altitude lakes, Mountain Goats, you name it... she said "they're very nice
dear, but there aren't pictures of Uncle Ken, Aunt Ginny, or your cousins in
here." I was twenty something making my first 'great' images and Gram's looking
for the snaps of our 'Kin' with an 'instamatic' and had no interest in tripoded
wideangles at the fringe of a mountain stream cable released with stacked
polarizers and bracketed exposures. :-).
That question she asked returns to me again every few years to remind me that
just because it's a 'Photography' I love doesn't mean it's a type of
photography everyone will love, or even desire to see very much of.

I love those scenes Marc. Seeing More would be cool.

Query: the exif said 50mm f2 - is that the Summicron 50f2? Or just random
adapter settings?
Except for the 'flash' shots, all my easter pictures I posted were with one,
very nice glass. Very very nice.

Peace
Richard in Michigan
:-)

Found the hat I forgot I lost, but not the hat I didn't forget I lost.