[LRflex] Re: Walking the River Barrow - shots up

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:54:10 +0100

Xavier wrote:

Nice selection Alex.

Thanks.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Tourist Guide of Ireland. Mouth watering pix too.

You have convinced me to put Ireland on my fav Destination.

Great! Pity I don't get commission from Bord Failte. As some visiting Austrian friends said, "You have a whole continent on a small island."

Easy to get to cheaply from Europe too. Both Ryanair and Aer Lingus offer bargain fares if you book early enough. Don't fly into Dublin Airport - it's a total disgrace - I'm sure Ethiopia's main airport is streets ahead. However, Cork Intergalactic has a spanking new terminal and is a far pleasanter experience.

Another place I'd like to see is Ethiopia, less pubs but as green and a peculiar population too.

No comparison between those two, they just appear in my wish list :)

Yep - there seem to be very few hitching rails for camels outside Irish pubs.....

For those of you who may have missed my first post, shots from our latest walk along the River Barrow can be seen at:

http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor

Just click on the Barrow link.

Best

Alex