[LRflex] WELDING METAL SPARK ON FRONT ELEMENT! :-(

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 17:29:54 -0700

Hi Crew & David or whomever, J

Yeah a long time ago and me less experienced photographing welding sparks as
a welder was doing his work? I was a tad tooooooooooooo close! OOPS!!!!!
I'm shooting away thinking I'm getting neat images of molten metal flying
about. Yeah some were "kinda cool" LOOKING as I vaguely recall ?

HOWEVER? some of those molten sparks landed on the front element of the
LEICA lens I was using. L I forget which? But let's say the "dirt on the
lens" when I was finished? Well it wasn't dirt it was the molten flying
metal had burnt into the glass surface!! YEP OOPS BIGTIME! L

The rest is memory failure? But I think I sold the lens and bought another?

cheers,

Dr.ted J

TEDGRANTPHOTO.COM