[LRflex] Re: Violent agreement!

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:32:17 -0700

 From AP magazine:

about which Bill Abbott said:

>This is not the information I have. Stefan was until recently product
>manager for all Leica products. Very recently his title was changed
>to Product Manager - M - System. It was my impression that this
>change was at his request, but about that I could be wrong.
\

HI Bill!

No, you're not wrong.  Stefan was the Product Manager for all
products, as recently as September, last.  Never count on reporters
to get it right!

In a post, two days ago, I said:

>During our meeting, at Photokina, it was apparent that while Steven
>Lee and Maike Harberts (head of the R10 design team and a newcomer
>to the firm) were very interested in what we had to say, other Leica
>staff were only there because they were told they had to be, and
>were certainly not interested in the opinions of mere customers!

It was Stefan who was bored out of his mind... it was obvious that he
did not wish to be there.  I'm not sure if that was because he has no
love of the "R" series, or simply because he knew, then, that he
would soon not be involved with it, so why bother.

Maike Harberts came on board, in (I believe)  April of '06, and was
given the task of overseeing the R-10 development.  As of early
October, her business card simply read "Product Manager".  By now,
that may have changed, too!

I would imagine that if Maike is (I assume) now the Product Manager
for "R" and Stefan for "M", there is also a new PM for "Sport Optics"
(Binocs & scopes) and perhaps even one for the "D" system.  Anybody
know who those folks might be?