[LRflex] Vario elmar F4: 70-210 - questions to trinklers

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:04:16 +0100

I'm asking the same question as Douglas but for the above cited  Leitz
70/210 F 4 zoom produced Minolta.

Here are some of the questions that have come across:

a) Is the minolta zoom with the same values the same lens as the leitz
one - optically I mean - the "wrapping" is obviously different
b) if so, is it possible to adapt the (cheaper) Minolta  zoom to the R?
c) if not, what are the differences?
d) if not, can the lenses that compose the Minolta  zoom be used to
maintain an ageing Leitz zoom - just in case.

Thanks in anticipation for your contributions.
Phileica