[LRFlex] Re: Vacuum Easel

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:46:53 -0700

Good Mornin' John!

I don't know about the ByChrome, but when I had a vacuum back for an old
process camera, I left the pump runnng all the time. (My pump was not so
powerfull, and so I had to put strips of paper to cover the extra holes as
well... but then, I was holding the film vertically.)

If, with extra paper, the paper will hold flat and the vacuum will hold long
enough to allow the full exposure, it would be easier on the ears that way -
that's for sure!

Why not experiment and let us know?  I, for one, would be curious to know!

Cheers!

David.

-------------

On 09/07/2005 at 2:14 PM John F. Nistico wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Does anyone know how to use a vacuum easel?
>
>I purchased a used ByChrome 11x14 vacuum easel complete with vacuum
>from an estate. It looks like it was never used.
>
>If I use 5x7 paper, do I need to cover up the remaining open holes in
>the easel and then run the vacuum for about 1 second, or do I just
>keep the vacuum running no matter what size of paper I am put on the
>easel and not worry about covering the holes that are open?
>
>Thanks so much
>
>John
>San Diego

David Young,