[LRflex] VOIGTLANDER 15MM f4.5 SUPER-WIDE HELIAR ASPHERICAL!!! ON an M8 body

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 07:32:54 -0700

VOIGTLANDER 15MM f4.5 SUPER-WIDE HELIAR ASPHERICAL!!! ON an M8 body! :-)

Hi folks,
Given I sold nearly all my LEICA R glass. A couple left I use an adapter to
fit a digital Canon body. (JEESH DON'T TELL ANYONE.) :-) I use my M
Voigtlander 15mm on my M8 body USING AN ADAPTER. Yep I have a view finder to
clip into hot shoe, but with digital it's hardly worth the time to lock it
on.

So here's my KISS simple user method due to the fact I'm using it on a
digital LEICA M8.

Like many of you I play with it shooting happy snaps of flowers, gardens
etc. these days! You know that fun, relaxing stuff! :-)  If I were to use it
during a "PAID ASSIGNMENT" it would be a different story and the 15mm
viewfinder attachment would definitely be locked on camera body.

So here you are and how I shoot by looking only through the M8 viewfinder.
:-)

I also tend to use a smaller aperture as it allows for slightly better
chance of depth and sharpness.

I look through M8 in body viewfinder, get squared away dead center of scene
knowing I'm getting much more coverage than I can see . "CLICK!" Look on
back-view screen, If it looks cool it's a keeper and move on. :-) See,
simple without much if any techie thoughts!

However, if I didn't get the image squared away and centered I wanted???? I
visually through M8 viewfinder adjust view point  click it again.

This kind of point and shoot method is really only done during "PLAY-TIME
HAPPY SNAPS!" On paying assignments? The accessory
viewfinder is used. A bit of common sense, although not techie perfect! But
you'd be surprised at qualities of images.

It's part of the "don't think about it too much!" Just shoot it and get on
with life! Oh yeah and if it doesn't look quite right? Just make a visual
adjustment and shoot it again! :-)

KISS?  Just gotta love the method!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted. :-)