[LRflex] Up close, not too personal.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 13:48:24 -0800

Fellow Flexers...

I've always been interested in the mechanics of a hard-drive.  And, a while
ago, I acquired a 200/4 Micro-Nilkkor lens, on the cheap.  It's badly beaten up
(some might say, "well loved"), but it works perfectly.  Focus is ultra-smooth
and super light - as the lens has internal focusing. Nothing on the outside
changes.

This morning, I had time to "play", so I took the cover off the drive and
started firing away.  Of course, on my E3, the lens has the field of view of a
400mm lens. So to get the entire drive in, I had to place the camera about 2
meters from the drive.  It seems odd to do close-ups from that range!

There are four shots here,, so scroll down. The last was nearly at the
close-focus limit, and the front element of the lens was still a good 56cm or
22 inches from the subject.  No problem with shadows!

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/HD.html

I was very pleased with the optical performance.

Your comments, good or bad, appreciated - as always.'

David.