[LRflex] Up close & getting quite personal...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 15:12:45 -0800

Fellow Flexers:

It seems I wasn't satisfied with the view I was getting of the ol' Samsung HD.
I wanted something bigger, better .. or, at least closer!

I dug out an old Super-Macro-Takumar.  It's a double coated (before the SMC
versions), Tessar design, but, it seems, very well done.

I put an old, non-automatic, 30mm extension tube on it, and gave it a try.

For a 50 year old lens, based on a 100 year old design, it does a very credible
job.  Exposure was 1/6th @ f22. ISO 320.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/HD-2.html

C&C welcomed, as always.

David.