[LRflex] Re: Up Close

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 12:37:35 -0800

Sorry, Philippe - it's not a "selfie".  I was in conversation with the young
lady's grandmother, and had the camera in my lap. The kid stuck her face in
front of the lens and so, with nothing to lose, I pressed the button!

Like Howard, I continue to be amazed at the performance of the camera and the
optical quality of the Oly Pro & Premium lenses.

Thanks for looking & commenting.

Cheers!
David.

> Nice selfie - you're courageous to trust a kid with the gear.Yet this
> one works alright :-) And knowing what kids are like sometimes, have you
> recovered the camera?
>

> Amities
> Philippe
>
> Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et
> Android - En savoir plus.

> Message du : 15/12/2013 17:05
> De : "David Young " <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> A : "LRflex" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Copie à :
> Sujet : [LRflex] Up Close
>

> Yesterday we had our "adopted" kids over for an afternoon of crafts
> followed by their parents & grandparents arriving to join us all for
> dinner.
>
> I was talking with this young lady's grandmother, about the in-credible
> close focus limit of the Oly 12~40/2.8 zoom (0.2 meter or roughly 8
> inches), when one of the kids decided to test it out.
>
> Not quite at the limit, but...
>
> http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Close.html
>
> Again, I am impressed with the noise performance at ISO 1600. (1/180 @
> f2.8 - if you must know.)