[LRflex] UPDATED: Film or Digital Poll Results

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:04:32 -0700

To those of you that have emailed your Film vs Digital preferences, THANKS!
The table has now been updated as of the last day of May '05:

http://www.geocities.com/dr_eric_chan/LeicaReflexUserFormats.htm

My own usage has shifted more towards 35mm film recently, hence it is
a constant dynamic (yeah, sounds like an oxymoron).  At any rate,
serious stuff for me still deserves film. My ratio veers towards
digital only because the 'day job' uses digital macrophotography all
the time, while microphotography is still with saturated color
negative film, but scanned so that I can do desk top publishing for
technical/medical documents.
Apparently I am not alone in sticking to film for the personal
"serious" stuff......Notice that among the respondents, there are many
Leica users who are still 100% in the film realm.
Note also that several Leica R users reporting thus far also tend to
be M users. David Young and Gary Merideth are 100% into Digital; it
would be interesting to know what Gary shoots with....pray tell?

As a quick visual, here's a chart of Film versus Digital amongst
respondents thus far:

http://www.geocities.com/dr_eric_chan/LeicaReflexUserFormats.gif

As voluntary keeper of this poll, I will be happy to continue updating
this table/chart for about ONE MORE WEEK.  THEREFORE, if you've been
sitting on the fence, now is the time to submit.  It can be brief -
just a few lines of text, and pls. keep your entries to the content of
the fields in the table.  Please email your Film vs Digital
Preferences directly to me at leicaflex@xxxxxxxxxx

Once again,  "Thanks to All" that have submitted thus far! .....and
don't forget that......Your Best Shot is Yet To Be!

~ Eric Chan