[LRflex] Re: Ty

  • From: William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 22:50:56 -0700

David,

You’re right, the bull riders have the tougher job by far.

I look forward to more photos and hope, hope, and hope that Ty will take up a
less risky and less damaging pastime.

As the US football and international hockey worlds have learned, concussions
come with permanent harm.

Bill

On May 31, 2015, at 16:11, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Bill!

Photographing any glutton for punishment is a tough assignment.

Not nearly as tough as riding the bloody bull!

Saturday night was not a good night. Most of the riders went home, OK, but 2
or 3 did not ... and one left in VERY poor shape. They announced that he was
OK, but in rodeo-speak, that simply means he was still breathing when they
put him in the ambulance.

Ty, in his 5 year career, besides his collapsed lung (from which he's still
recovering) and several knee and leg injuries, has had (by his own admission)
10 concussions and admits he can't take many more. Yet he's planning on
riding for another 10 years. (I told you these guys are crazy!)

You did very well with the left-to-right downward-diagonal composition.

I did? Oh .. I mean ... Thank you! ;-)

To be honest, it all happens so fast, you don't worry about composition..You
just try and keep everything centered in the finder and worry about cropping
for composition, later.

There's more to come.

David.

On May 31, 2015, at 10:24, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rose and I spent an enjoyable evening, last night, at the third, annual, Ty
Pozzobon Bull Riding Invitational.

Ty Pozzobon is a local area cowboy, who has made a real name (and a small
fortune) for himself, riding bulls. Professionally.

By the time he was 22, Ty had been on the professional circuit for four
years and already won the Professional Bull Riders? Canadian championship.

Now, 23, he's had a tough time this year with several injuries. Last
night, he rode just one bull, as he is still recovering from a collapsed
lung, gained May 9th, when a bull stepped on his back.

The man is crazy! But, then, in my book, any one who'd get on a bull, is
crazy!

Last night this chap found himself in an unenviable position.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/TP-1.html

Comments and critique welcomed, as always.

David.

protection is active.

protection is active.