[LRflex] Re: Trying to decide...

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:57:43 -0700

David,

I like the second: a marriage of technology and art; the diagonal
background adds a sense of "movement" to the composition.

All the best,

Bill

On Jun 16, 2007, at 5:39 PM, David Young wrote:

This morning, I posted a shot (Big Game Hunting) of a hummingbird in
flight.

As I have been going though the hummer shots, I've found many (MANY!)
that simply were not in focus, despite my best efforts.  By the time,
my brain said fire, they'd already moved on!

At one point, as a test, I set the 30D to 5fps, and in one shot, the
hummer is very well exposed, and sharp as a tack.  In the next, she's
completely gone!  All in 200ms!

I have found one other, which I think may be superior to the
first.  I'm looking at a 12x18" (30x45cm) print as I type, and it
looks as sharp in that, as the web image does on the screen.   What
is it that Douglas says?....   I am "gob-smacked"!

It can be seen at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/FRHB2.htm

For those who missed it, the first one is at
http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/ and then please click on "Featured
Photo"... (on your left).

Now I'm having a hard time deciding which one I like best!

Any preferences???

Thanks for looking. :-)