[LRflex] Re: Trip to Santa MonicaQ

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 09:44:01 +0100

Hello Aram,

For your new Leica, I suppose it would take a Zillion Calfs' leather to build a
'neverready' case
My Lady Ayda ('Hay' ) dreams to visit again  Califorrnia...

#-----------------------------------
From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France

From: leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Trip to Santa MonicaQ
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 10:22:42 -0800

While in the LA area, we took a trip to Santa Monica
pier one day.  A long trip from Sun City.  Along the way we stopped at
a few camera stores, one of which was the Leica store.  Here I am in front
of my future new Leica.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/l/LA+trip-7658.jpg.html

So, I once again got to play with an M(240).  This
time I was more relaxed and had a great experience, unlike the one in Palm
Springs.  They even had a broken R lens I was able to try out (no aperture
ring function) and I found the camera to be pretty good with the R lens, but
not
so good I would plunk down $8K.  I will investigate Fuji or Sony.  We
also visited my friend's camera store in Hollywood (Calumet) but he did not
have
the Fuji in stock and his 7A Sony had no lenses to try with it.  Selling
them pretty good, I guess.  So I still do not have any hands on experience
with either of them.

We made it to Santa Monica pier just after sunset and
were treated to a nice show of color.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/l/LA+trip-7662.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/l/LA+trip-7675.jpg.html

It also happened to be the full moon, so turning around
we saw this.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/l/LA+trip-7683.jpg.html

Great fish and chips.  Rivaled Ivars in
Seattle.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/l/LA+trip-7704.jpg.html
My sister in law on the left and my wife.

Then we packed it up and fought the traffic all the way
back to Sun City.

Comments welcome.  View the sunsets large if
possible.

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science
Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

“The Human Genome Project
has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself would ever have dared
dream.”   James D. Watson