[LRflex] Re: Tree Huggers... Part 1.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:17:54 -0700

Douglas Herr wrote:

>Very nice pic, David.

Thanks.    Bears are quite skittish and not commonly seen. It's even
less common to find them in trees.

With the Telyt, the monopod was really a necessity to prevent camera
shake... but as I'd only wandered over to see what they were looking at,
I didn't think to grab it from the trunk - and then there was not time
to do so! Using the shoulder stock alone, I got 4 shots before he moved,
but only the one was truly sharp. :-(

>Smart move, keeping the 400 ready and at your side.

Oprah maintains that there is no such thing as luck.  Good luck, she
says, comes when someone who is prepared meets up with opportunity.  And
this shot is proof of that!

Thanks for taking the time to look. :-)