[LRFlex] Re: Traveling Telyt

  • From: Bob Palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:47:10 -0500

Doug -

Very cool, as expected. Thanks for making the effort.

Don't'cha wish you had a digicam for things like this??

Now, just for laughs, I might hafta post some snaps of my overblown failed experiments in this area...

Bob Palmieri

On Jun 14, 2005, at 10:29 PM, Doug Herr wrote:

on 5/24/05 5:37 PM, David Young at telyt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Doug Herr suggested:

My solution was a home-made custom-fitted sleeve of padded cloth with a
cut-out for the shoulder stock; a fastex buckle at the open end of the
cut-out holds the sleeve on the lens. Any time I need the lens I unclip
the buckle, let the sleeve drop off, and it's ready to go! A camera can
stay on the lens when it's sleeved: the camera also has a padded cover,
this one secured with a couple strips of Velcro. A tug on the bottom flap
and the camera's cover is off. It keeps the camera and lens protected
from mist, light rain, moderate dust, and the bumps and scrapes normally
encountered when hiking, bushwhacking and rock clambering, keeping it
accessible within a second or two.

Hi Doug!

Any chance, Doug, that you'd be able to post a photo of this rig?

Best regards,

David.

OK, it's taken me a while but I've got a couple pictures of my Travelling
Telyt setup:

the overall view:
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/telytcase0.jpg

detail, how it stays on:
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/telytcase1.jpg

I made the case out of canvas and a thin layer of plastic foam padding,
hand-stitched, while I was in Alaska in 1980 or so.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com