[LRflex] Tranquility

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 18:04:00 +0800

Hi David,
Thanks for the detailed explanation and the samples. This is more or less what
I suspected having experimented with my EM 1 and the Panasonic lumix zooms -
both the 45 - 200 and
the 100 - 300 on Hong Kong street traffic. Continuous focusing is not in Nikon
professional territory yet - but still when the images "hit focus" they are
very acceptable.
Cheers
Howard

Subject: [LRflex] Tranquility
From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 14:39:34 +0800

Hi David,
I assume taken with the 55 - 200 on the Oly EM 1 via adapter. Did you have
tracking AF on or did you prefocus?
A curious EM 1 owner wants to know.
Cheers
Howard

Is the E-M1 a good camera for fast moving sports?  According to both Olympus
and myself, no. If you need a camera that will deliver the "money shot", every
time, in extreme circumstances, the E-M1 is not it.  But, if it's what you've
got, and you want to play, it can deliver some very good images.  You just need
patience and persistence!

David.