[LRflex] Train content - The Great Marquess in the rain - BW or colour?

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:28:23 +0100

Hi David,
the black & white comparison is here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Transport/Railways/NYMR_2008_BW/20080904-_MG_8776-Edit-1-2.jpg.html

It certainly doesn't show the "soggy" saturation of the
original, but, on the other hand, most people seem to
expect that steam trains should shown in B&W.

It's a strange fact, but if you ask kids to draw a
train, it will almost always be a steam train.

It's similar when they draw houses, there will almost
always be a smoking chimney, four windows, a door in
the middle (and often a fenced garden) - even if they
live in an apartment block. Must be something to do
with genetic memory - or wishful thinking:-) .

Cheers
Douglas