[LRflex] Re: Too Bright!

  • From: William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:02:38 -0700

> On Mar 28, 2015, at 22:54, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Andy, Bill, & all...
>
> Pets do get the oddest of names ... witness Sonny's "Chainsaw".  We have a
> huge Mainecoon, named "Bitsy" - short for TimBits  (you have to be Canadian
> to enjoy that one), and we used to have twin boys, orange Tabby's, named Riff
> and Raff.  Our dog is named Tiki - her first name is "Kon".
>
> But, my favourite pet name was by a customer of mine, years ago, who called
> her cat "Quat".  That was so she could stand on her back porch and call her
> cat.  "Come Quat, Come Quat!"

David, Andy, et al,

That's wonderful: "Quat," a legendary name, no doubt about it.

My dad, the newspaper reporter, came home from an  interview with a man who was
in jail laughing at the jail house dog who the jailees had named "Dammit," so
that any time an inmate would utter that word in frustration or for whatever
reason the dog would trot over and gaze up at the utterer, who quite often did
not think it was funny at all..

Bill