[LRflex] Tokyo Panos

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 16:09:18 +0800

Hello David,
see answers (*) below:
On 2 Apr 2009, at 1:06 PM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:

Hi Howard!

The detail in these shots is absolutely astounding ... more so
because I'd expect that level of sharpness only with a tripod or
monopod.... yet you have managed it, hand held.

Well done!

Did you simply allow sufficient overlap when shooting?  Or do you
have a secret for doing it without a pano head, that you're willing to share?

*Pivot around your wrist - don't pivot your body - the arc will be too wide

It will soon be apple blossom time, in Japan.  Oh, how I love
southern Japan, in apple blossom time...

No apple blossoms here ...  after days of spring-like weather, which
melted almost all the snow, yesterday morning we had 2 inches (5cm)
of fresh snow.  It all melted by noon, then dumped another inch on
us... which then melted away. By 4 PM it had started to hail, which
changed to snow.    It all melted, overnight, but now, at 7 AM, it
has just started to snow, once again!

We are usually finished with snow, by half-past March and I'm ready
for spring.  Where is "global warming" when you want it????

* It is in Hong Kong combined with air pollution!!!

Thanks for your lovely Panos, Howard.  At least it's spring, in Tokyo!

* You are welcome. Bests to Rose,
Cheers
Howard

David Young