[LRflex] Re: To all our French friends/Situation update

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 14:35:02 -0800

Thanks, Douglas, for these updates.

The whole world is saddened and shocked by the Paris tragedies, but it seems
that Paris may not be the last.

Our hearts, and our thoughts, are with you all.

David.

The latest situation report looks grim from my neck of
the woods.

The friendly between Germany and Holland, here in the
football stadium in Hannover, has been cancelled this
evening due to a "concrete threat".

The stadium was evacuated and the police advised
everyone to go home and stay there and not gather in
larger groups anywhere in the city and to avoid
underground and railway stations.
The German and Dutch teams were taken to "safe houses".
The Dutch team was flown out of Hannover on a special
flight slotted into the airport's schedule after being
turned away from the stadium together with the German team.
The German Chancellor arrived in Hannover for the game
with the minister of the interior and was immediately
flown back to Berlin.
The minister made a statement that he could not provide
information about why the match was cancelled as this
"could make the German people more nervous than they
already are" and "because it could endanger the
informer" and "endanger ongoing investigations".
Trams, underground and bus services were stopped for a
while and the police cordoned off the main railway
station. Two concerts were also cancelled for the same
reason (I had actually thought about going to one of
them, Maceo Parker, but decided not to, after all.)

Will provide more updates on the situation when it's
clearer
Cheers
Douglas

On 17.11.2015 21:54, philippe.amard wrote:
Thank you Andy.

We sure will with our friends' support :-)

And yours is precious.

Amities
Philippe

Le 17 nov. 15 à 13:39, Andy Wagner a écrit :

Our prayers and sympathies go to you. Stay strong my
friends

Sent from my iPhone

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is
essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint
Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE