[LRflex] Re: To Phil, cc Steve B

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 20:19:28 +0100

Keith
I live in Eastern France - there were also stalags here (in the silent Vosges mountains for instance, and our then government took part in the process, just as our president is right now supporting Bush and his nasty war in Iraq). I guess I know a little about the horrors of a war, any war. My family suffered in blood and flesh; some died as a result of bad "politics".

I simply cannot accept violence.
Steve is a gentleman.
The nazi were not. Nor the Societs, or the French collabrators, and many the world over.

FYI : I was married to a German whose father was a soldier in the Wermacht; he was 15 when he was forced to join.
Fortunately, he is still here and shares photographs with me.
My three kids are as much German as they are French. And I love them as any father loves his kids.

The past should NEVER be forgotten.
But the present is also of such importance.
And Steve is taking care of these kids' futures. I thank him for it everyday.

What I mean is simply that we cannot confuse Steve's intents and results, with any of the slightest monstruosities that some people are up to.

Could we if you don't mind stop this thread here?
Yours
Philippe

KEITH LONGMORE wrote:

Hi Phil

Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:52:19 +0100
From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Images and words

I guess the one in Treblinka, right?

Phil...x

Yes - Auschwitz, actually. Treblinka was utterly destroyed. I sent Steve a couple of scanned photographs that I think help to illustrate what I have been saying. I didn't add any comment about their context or background, just asked for a reaction. Steve asked me to post them so that an on-line response could be achieved. However, since these were from books, they are the subject of copyright, so obviously I can't put them in a public forum. However, if anyone wants to see them, I will e-mail privately.
Cheers
Keith Longmore