[LRflex] Re: To DMR or Wait?

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 18:04:11 -0800

My DMR had to to be sent to New Jersey for a replacement Settings Wheel, the rotating wheel on the left that chooses among several functions, ISO, Moire, User, Resolution, Compression, etc.

I had had it for about 4 months when the little wheel fell off.

I've had no DMR problems since then, but I did have an R9 problem that took both out of my hands for about 6 months, but that's another story.

I choose to believe in the bath-tub theory of reliability.

All the best,

Bill

On Nov 2, 2008, at 1:54 PM, a aa wrote:

Thanks Doug, I will do that, of course. I just wanted to hear from
list members who have had to send in their backs for repair.

2008/11/2  <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
a aa <classwp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is the going price for DMR backs these days? Can they be
serviced, or are parts unobtainable?

Best to ask Leica about service:  repair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento