[LRflex] Re: To DMR or Wait?

  • From: "Peter M.C. Werner" <pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:07:40 +0100

Chris,

My DMR gets little use by now, too heavy to carry around and not weather-proof.
For outdoor work and traveling I prefer the M8. I now use the DMR mainly for
macros with the wonderful 2.8/100 macro and 2.3/180 Angenieux (I have a second
one in Nikon mount)

When the S2 was announced and with it the ETA of the R10 - sometimes in 2010 - I
did not want to wait for another 2 years or longer and decided to buy a Nikon
D700 boody.

I had a lot of excellent old MF and a few (pre-plastic) AF Nikon glass that had
been lying dormant. Excellent MF Nkkkors and older AF are available at very
interesting prices. With focus confirmation MF is fine for my type of
photography.

The first results are very pleasing and I had never thought I would miss "full
frame" until I started using it.

Maybe I shall be looking at the R10 when it comes out, for now I am happy with
the D700 + M8

Peter M.C. Werner
Bursins, Switzerland
www.orchids.mu