[LRflex] Re: Three Hong Kong images

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:07:21 -0800

Great images, Howad. If it were a long elevator ride I might go crazy trying to look at all the different angles. The barber shop is trippy enough with all those alternate images of face, back, face, back, face, back going on to infinity.

Aram

-----Original Message----- From: H&ECummer
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 7:31 AM
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Three Hong Kong images

Hi Flexers,

1. Here is my contribution to the Friday Flower collection over on the LUG:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/YlwOrchdw.jpg.html>

Fuji X100S 1/60 @ f11

2. The air quality in Hong Kong is not good. This partly due to local conditions (cars, buses and trucks) and factory pollution from the Mainland. Think London Fog from the 1950's. Indeed articles are appearing in the Chinese press reporting on the progress that London has made in cleaning up its air. Perhaps a prelude to China trying to do the same. A better example for China would be Japan but these days the Chinese do not want to emulate any good examples from their Asian neighbour when they are fighting about air space and territorial waters. Here's the picture of Hong Kong Harbour with two star ferries crossing - one the Tourist Ferry (the older one) and other a regular commuter.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/TwoStarscsW.jpg.html>

Taken with the Olympus E M 1 and the 45mm f1.8 ISO 200 1/1600 @ f8.0.

3. My travel agent has her office in a building with mirrored elevators.
Going to see her is like riding through the looking glass:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/MirrorW.jpg.html>

Fuji XE 2 18mm ISO 3200 1/30 at F2.8

Image reversed in CS6.

Please look large.