[LRFlex] There you go again Doug

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:36:32 -0700

Andy Wagner said:

Just got through looking at the South Florida pictures. Again you've got me chomping at the bit. Ok just an informal poll? What have you purchased or done that was influenced by Doug Herr in some way? For me

180 f3.4 First time I met Doug

400 f6.8 of course then I was infected and had to have bigger

560 f6.8 now looking for the 800 minus the free car.

Yosemite and Yellowstone; and the birds around the backyard feeder haven't had lot of piece either!

Thank you Doug for getting me off my butt and out into the world again :-)

Hi Andy! I've not had the pleasure of meeting Doug, though I hope to one day. Still, he's managed to be a major pain in the wallet!

I purchased my 21/f4SA from Doug, and he was a major help in finding a 3-cam 80~200/4 Vario (in Scotland!) - a difficult lens to find, though the ROM Versions are common like dirt. But, like Doug, I use an SL, so I need the 3 cams on everything.

His work was also the reason I **had** to have the 400/6.8 Telyt... and so far I've loved every minute I've spent with it... with the exception of Saturday. (See previous post!)

And now, he has me lusting after the 560!

It's all your fault, Doug! And I thank you for inspiring me so. I haven't had so much fun with a camera in years!

Best Regards,

David.
----------

David Young     |The LHSA Spring Shoot - Victoria, B.C.
Victoria,       |April 23 thru 25th, 2004.
CANADA. |Join the LHSA and join in the fun!

Victoria - voted #1 City in the Americas
        by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine - Oct 2003

Sring Shoot Information at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/spring-shoot.htm

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr