[LRflex] Re: The ultimate gizmo, a clamp tripod

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 01:56:24 +0100

I can't remember where I bought mine a few years ago,
but it's actually a lot more stable than it looks.
The clamp is wonderful if you want to steady your
camera on a fence or similar - I've even used it
clamped on to the open window of our car.

Cullmann do a whole set of gadgets with a similar, but
rather expensive, clamp like this one, although I think
it's recently been discontinued and replaced by even
more high-tech stuff.

Here's another useful gadget for holding almost
anything, the rubber suction cup fixes to almost any
smooth surface and the knurled ring squeezes the air
out of it to make it rock steady. Xavier's gadget is in
the background.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Bits+and+Pieces/Gadgets-1952.jpg.html

Cheers
Douglas